2023 Watts River Winter Photo & Video Competition
Terms and Conditions
This document sets out the terms of participation in the 2023 Watts River Brewing Winter Photo & Video Competition (the “Competition”).
- The promoter of this Competition is Watts River Brewing (the “Promoter”) ABN 45 606 391 904 located at the address of 7 Hunter Road, Healesville Victoria, 3777.
- Entry to the Competition is open to all current Watts River Brewing customers, registered newsletter members and suppliers. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or an organisation.
- Persons must be over 18 years of age and must provide their birthday as proof of age.
- Please note all submissions agree for the photo or video submitted can be published by Watts River Brewing in any format the Promoter chooses. Credit will be given when and where possible but can not be guaranteed each time the photo or video is republished.
- Employees of the Promoter and any person associated with the Competition, and any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s), are not eligible to enter.
- Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions on the Promoter’s website (if any) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry into the Competition is free and must be done via the Watts River Brewing Facebook Page or associated accounts.
- All entrants must be residents of Australia.
- Staff of Watts River Brewing are not eligible to enter.
- The Competition opens at 6:00am on Monday, 17 June 2023 and closes at 11.59pm on Friday, 14 August 2023 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- To enter this Competition, you must: (i) submit a photo you have taken which includes Watts River Brewing products, merchandise or branding (ii) submit a video you have taken which includes Watts River Brewing products, merchandise or branding; and (iii) submit the photo or video via the links in the Competition portal via Watts River Brewing Facebook or associated accounts.
- The photographs or video must be owned by the entrant. The entrant must be the sole owner of the copyright in the photo(s) submitted.
- Valid details must be entered in the Registration form in order to be eligible to enter the Competition.
- Each entry must include your name, email address, birthday (as proof of age), country (as proof of location), and a caption for your entry. By submitting your entry, you agree to the terms and conditions. Failure to submit the above information will deem your entry invalid.
- There is no maximum entry limit. You can enter as many times as you like in either photo or video file types.
- Winning Photos: The winning photos (first, second and third prize winners) will receive advice via email, be published to the Watts River Brewing website, Facebook and Instagram accounts. It could also be published on digital screens in the brewery or in print.
- Other entries: It is possible other photo and video submissions will be republished on the website, Facebook or Instagram, in print or via digital channels at the discretion of Watts River Brewing.
- Please ensure you have a high resolution jpeg or png file, or mp4 file available to provide should your image win first, second or third prize. It is possible we may also request a high resolution jpeg, png or mp4 file even if your image does not win first, second or third prize. You can elect to provide this/these file types at your discretion. High resolution means 300dpi and no less than 15MB.
- High resolution files will need to be provided via We Transfer.
- High quality scans of transparencies or negatives will not be accepted.
- Digital graphic design entries will not be accepted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove any submitted imagery that is deemed inappropriate by the promoter. This will include any content which is deemed by the promoter to be racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive, or otherwise discriminatory or objectionable.
- Photos or videos will be judged as first, second or third prize winners via voting on the WooBox Facebook application. The Promoter however, will review and reserves the right to accept or reject any of the final images voted for prize selection specifically in regard to a) does the photo or video tell a story; b) does the photo or video have an ‘X’ factor; c) is the technical quality of the photo or video appealing.
- A high resolution copy of each winning photo or video must be provided to Watts River Brewing by Friday, 18 August 2023. Failure to provide by Friday, 18 August 2023 will result in a redraw and you will not be entitled to any supplementary prize or benefit.
- The first, second and third prize winners must claim and/or redeem the prize within five (5) days of being notified by email that you have won. Failure to claim the prize within one week will result in a redraw and you will not be entitled to any supplementary prize or benefit.
- In the event a redraw is necessary, it will take place at, 7 Hunter Road, Healesville at 11am on Monday, 21 August 2023. Please note, winners of First Prize are ineligible to win Second Prize.
- By submitting your entry to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive license to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in your entry and all other material provided by you to the Promoter pursuant to this Competition at any time. Entrants grant the Promoter permission (which Entrants understand cannot be retracted) to use their entry for use on Watts River Brewing retail products and in any form across any media, including online and on social media, in order to conduct and promote Watts River Brewing. Entrants grant the promoter permission to alter the entered photo, if required, to fit required specifications for any intended purpose.
- Copyright remains with the author of the image, however by entering the competition the photographer gives Watts River Brewing the right to Publish entries and for use in any promotion, or advertising relating to Watts River Brewing. Without limiting the rights granted to the Promoter under clauses 16 and 17, you specifically agree that clauses 16 and 17 grant the Promoter the non-exclusive right to communicate your entry in whole or in part to the public throughout the world on any media platform and you grant to the Promoter all associated rights necessary to exercise the above rights.
- No component of either prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash.
- Any costs associated with entries, including but not limited to any travel, spending money, meals, additional accommodation, insurance and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the entrants.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage caused, or suffered by the winner in relation to any person entering into the Competition, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit.
- You warrant that:(i) all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;(ii) you have all necessary rights and licenses to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions;(iii) your entry is your original work and has not been previously communicated to the public;(iv) the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
- You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to exercise any of the rights granted to it by these Terms and Conditions and any communication of your entry to the public by the Promoter is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
- You agree that the Promoter may use your entry and any personal details provided to the Promoter for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter in any media without notice and without any fee being paid to you.
- Decisions of the Promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into. The names of the Prize Winners will be published on our website on or before Friday, 26 August 2023, if all winners can be identified, notified and comply with the terms of this Competition.
- If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s of the Competition, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.